Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Old Skool Time Travels


What's happening, Old Skoolers?!
Last night, as I strapped in for another ride in my time-machine, I decided that I wanted to bring back a memory : super colossal, jumbo, voluminous, feathery HAIR!


Y'all know what I'm talking about, huge, loose, fluffy curls a' la Diana Ross, and one of my faves, Chaka Khan! Everybody had it, fake or real! Imagine me, last night, as I walked through the 1970's, mouth wide open, and awe struck! While visiting the 1970's last night, I actually attended a Chaka Khan and Rufus concert! I noticed that all of the women there were clones of the funk diva. Big, loose, flowing curls were everywhere! I have cornrows, so I felt a little out of place, but I didn't have much time to think about that due to the ripping chords of the guitar, wild gyrations, and out of this world costumes, and Chaka's euphonious voice!


As I stood among the crowd, I felt a pinch of jealousy staring at all the bountiful hair. Afterwards, I made myself a promise to come back to 2007 (yawn) and re-create Chaka's hair. You all know I LOOOVVE big hair! As soon as I retire my long, beauteous cornrows, I'M GOING BIG! I am on a new quest to achieve the hair from last night's journey. I will post pics of my hair when I get the look I want. Unfortunately, I cannot post pics from last night's phenomenal concert, (obviously, there were no digital cameras) but I will try to find pics to show you what I want.

Check back daily as I recount my time travels. I will try to go back in time as often as I can! Going back and re-living the good old days is what I love to do most! Until then, may the force be with you!
Peace!

2 comments:

CoCo said...

soooooo you already know how i feel about big hair!! the bigger the better!! right on sister!!

Cheri A'mour said...

Yeah gotta agree with you and Courtney...BIG HAIR IS BETTER! Wow I am loving this!

(lol Courtney is silly..."right on sister")