Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Recalling the Ladies In the Place With Style and Grace










As you all know by now, I'm a huge fan of Old Skool style. The big hair, of course, sky-high platform shoes, shake-yo-booty bell bottoms, and the flowy disco dresses are among my personal favorites from the Old Skool.



During my time travels, I've come in contact many, many style mavens from the past. My personal favorites are Cleopatra Jones (man she got it going on), Betty Davis, Thelma Evans (you already know), Iman, my girl Chaka, Willona Woods, Sophia Loren, Cher, and Diana Ross. The styles of these women range from lusty, uninhibited, far out, hard-boiled funk (pronounced FONK) to polished, unparalleled, enchanting glamour.




Without showing too much skin, and minus the inappropriate flashes a la Britney Spears, these Old Skool Fashion Champions managed to be fierce, but not filthy, impress, but not undress, to be seductive, but not slutty, and tempting without being trashy.



Today, join me in saluting the Fashionistas from way back when! Who is your favorite? It doesn't have to be one the women I've mentioned. The clothing that is soon to be featured on this website will reflect the artistry of the Old Skool threads these women once rocked, so STAY TUNED!



Peace,
Greenstar

5 comments:

CoCo said...

i loves me some diana ross, the hair, the style, the elegance - chaka w/that hair, that voice, that outright presence! i even love the way these ladies dance so smooth from side to side, to be able to walk into a room and everyone halts waiting for you to make yo next move!!! ALL THAT FONK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ok am I completely crazy to say that the inner me is 45% Cleopatra Jones! I believe that she is Me and I am her. It has to be in the a-la-Naptural appeal of these FOX'S that drives both women and men to inquire, acknowledge and glorify their pizazz!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.